Archived Story

Fire Marshal: Pettus Street fire an accident

Published 3:18pm Wednesday, February 13, 2013

After investigation, the Alabama State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that the fire on West Pettus Street that claimed the life of a 65-year-old man was an accident.

They believe the cause to have been a combustible substance being too close to a heater.

The blaze killed Robert “Robin” Clifton on the morning of Monday, Feb. 4. His uncle, Ed Fendley, was able to escape.

Editor's Picks