Archived Story

Demopolis Fire Department to host bass tournament

Published 5:51pm Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Demopolis Fire and Rescue will host a bass tournament on Saturday, March 2 with some of the proceeds going to Relay for Life.

Fireman Sam Curtis said they are taking entries up until the morning of the tournament.

“Entry forms are available at the fire station across from Sonic,” Curtis said, “and we will take the forms up until Saturday morning.”

The fee for entering the tournament is $100 per boat, and there is also a $10 side pot for biggest fish.

“There is an 80 percent payout,” Curtis said, “and the other 20 percent will go to Relay for Life. We’re getting a lot of interest so we’re hoping for a good turnout.”

Everyone should meet at the Demopolis city landing at safe light (around 4 a.m.) for boat inspections.

There will also be a raffle with a Boyd Duckett rod and Lews reel as the prize. In addition, there will be other door prizes given away.

“We want to thank Boyd Duckett, Willingham Sports, Twin River Tackle, Parr’s Chevron, Smoking Jacks, Green Eye Care, GreenCare, Prystup Packaging, the Yacht Basin and Naheola Credit Union,” Curtis said. “They have all helped get this together.”

Any questions should be directed to Sam Curtis at (334)431-4598 or Michael Pope at (334)327-0125.

Editor's Picks