Archived Story

Demopolis Inn evacuated due to gas leak

Published 9:41pm Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Residents of The Demopolis Inn located in downtown Demopolis were evacuated late Tuesday night due to a gas leak.

Firefighters on the scene said when they arrived they evacuated residents and notified Alagasco.

Residents evacuated mostly to the square across the street in hopes of soon returning to their apartments.

The scent is heavy throughout the building, witnesses said.

Alagasco arrived around 9 p.m. to attend to the problem. It is hoped that the problem will be corrected within the hour so that residents could go back to their apartments.

Editor's Picks

Plato