Mr. G’s Restaurant will be rebuilt

Published 12:00 am Sunday, July 13, 2003

The popular Mr. G’s Restaurant, which was badly damaged in a fire early Friday morning, will be rebuilt, said owner Gerald "Mr. G" Gilbert.

Customers from Greensboro, York, Livingston, Eutaw, Linden and Thomaston have come to the restaurant for years, the owner said. "We’ve seen so many generations."

The cause of the fire was likely electrical in nature, Gilbert said. "It was more than likely a wire from a piece of equipment.

Email newsletter signup

Joey Morgan, assistant fire chief with the Demopolis Fire Department, said Friday that the state fire marshal may visit the site Monday, but that "arson had been ruled out early.

Gilbert said there was a lot of water and smoke damage.

Approximately 20 employees will be affected by the business being closed.