Two men arrested Thursday in multi-agency Pine Hill raid

Published 12:00 am Monday, March 29, 2004

PINE HILL-A multi-agency task force raid in the “‘Love Hole” area near Pine Hill arrested two men Ted Love 36 and John R. Love 20 and seized drugs, money, guns and more Thursday March 18. The operation involved every level of law enforcement available all the way from federal to local officers.

Pine Hill Police Department Chief John Brown issued an press release that stated, the PHPD along with agents from the Alabama Bureau of Investigation, Fourth Judicial Circuit Drug Task Force, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Alabama State Troopers, RAID Helicopter Team, Camden Police Department, Wilcox County Sheriff’s Department and the PHPD’s K-9 Narcotics Team executed search warrants on several residences in the ‘Love Hole” located just off County Road 18 in Pine Hill.

“The search warrants were the result of a joint law enforcement effort through a lengthy undercover operation in which buys of illegal narcotics were made,” Brown said.

Email newsletter signup

He also said that during the execution of these warrants, numerous firearms, ammo, several four-wheelers, drug paraphernalia, controlled substance: pills and crack cocaine, money, as well as other items seized from the two residences.

Brown said that Ted Love, AKA “Bug” and John R. Love, AKA “Little John” were arrested and were also charged with two counts of unlawful distribution of controlled substances; one count of possession of controlled substances; one charge of assault I. They also face additional charges of unlawful sale of controlled substance within a three-mile radius of a school campus (F.S. Ervin Elementary School) as well as unlawful sale of controlled substances within a three-mile radius of a housing project (Peachtree Apartments).

Brown also said that the two might also face some charges from the federal government. The PHPD is also currently searching for a third suspect in these crimes. Brown said that shots were fired during the raid, but they were from the suspects and no one was injured.

“This raid resulted from an 18 month long undercover investigation, and there will be more arrests made in the surrounding area soon,” Brown said.