Car fire reported near school

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Theresa Swope/News Editor

Students of U.S. Jones and their parents may have noticed smoke and flames Monday morning as a fire burned on Front Street near the school.

A spokesman for the Demopolis Fire Department said the call came in at 7:40 a.m. of a car fire at 515 S. Front St.

Email newsletter signup

“A faulty fuel line is being blamed for the fire,” the spokesman said. He said the Mercury Marquis was partially under a carport at the house when it caught fire.

However, he said, no damage was done to the home, and no one was injured.