Leadership Marengo opens registration for upcoming class
Published 3:19 pm Friday, July 28, 2017
The Demopolis Area Chamber of Commerce and Leadership Marengo, Inc. is now accepting nominations for the upcoming 2017-2018 Leadership Marengo class.
The mission of Leadership Marengo is to identify, educate, and train potential leaders, as well as current leaders in Marengo County.
The class involves a series of leadership sessions, aimed at developing these leaders through an effective network and interchange of ideas and deeper understanding of Marengo County’s economic, political, and social conditions to achieve cohesion, solidarity, and success within the county.
The next class marks the 24th for Leadership Marengo. Each participant is expected to attend all sessions to attain graduate status from the program. All sessions, apart from orientation, will take place during normal business working hours.
Following are the dates and times for each class to be held:
• Thursday, Sept. 14, 6 to 8:30 p.m., with the venue to be determined.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19, Teamwork and Diversity, to be held at WestRock.
• Tuesday, Nov. 14, Economic Development, with the venue to be determined.
• Thursday, Jan. 11, Education and Health, at the Demopolis Higher Education Center and Bryan W. Whitfield Memorial Hospital.
• Tuesday, March 6, a legislative trip to Montgomery.
• Tuesday, May 8, Quality of Life and Tourism as well as graduation, to be held at the Theo Ratliff Center.
The registration fee for Leadership Marengo is $200 to be paid no later than Friday, August 25. Even though emergencies arise, any participant missing a session for any reason is subject to not receiving a “Certificate of Graduation.” Once the program begins, no portion of registration fee will be refunded.
“We are extremely excited about our upcoming class and hope you will consider joining us. Leadership Marengo is an excellent program and opportunity to connect, exchange, and thrive. Together, we keep Marengo County strong,” said DACC Executive Director Candace Dorriety.
Commitment forms may be picked up at the chamber office at 102 E. Washington Street in downtown Demopolis or request a soft copy by emailing Candace Dorriety at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or questions about Leadership Marengo, call the chamber office at 334-289-0270.
(This article originally appeared in the Saturday, July 22, print edition of the Demopolis Times.)