County to charge fee for park cancellations
Published 8:43 am Monday, October 23, 2017
Chickasaw State Park will now charge a $10 reservation cancellation fee. The fee will cover lodging taxes paid by Marengo County to the state each time a reservation is made. The fee was set in accordance with Foscue Park’s reservation policy.
Other items discussed by the commission:
• A motion was passed to take bids in order to repaint the trim in the Marengo County Detention Center.
• ATRC Area Agency on Aging Contract was adopted with no amendments or changes from the previous year’s contract.
• The County Commission will endorse the efforts of the Demopolis Parks and Recreation Department to land a future Babe Ruth Baseball League World Series at the Demopolis Sportsplex.
• District 5 Commissioner Calvin Martin made a proclamation commemorating the Marengo High School football field being named after longtime coach Woodrow Campbell.
• Three new business items regarding Medicaid for County Inmates were tabled until clarification on unclear information was received. Those items were listed as follows: Medicaid for County Inmates Participation Agreement, Medicaid for County Inmates Resolution and Medicaid for County Inmates HIPAA Business Associate Agreement.
(This article originally appeared in the Saturday, October 14th issue of the Demopolis Times)