Demopolis BOE approves personnel, bus purchase
The Demopolis City Board of Education held a special-called meeting on Thursday to vote on several items.
The meeting began with a five-minute executive session. Upon returning to regular session, the board approved a personnel report that included:
• the resignation of US Jones teacher Victoria Loper, effective Oct. 24.
• the conditional employment of Kayla Sommers and Ashley Johnigan-Harrison, both as elementary teacher at USJ.
• Kimberly Gray as a softball volunteer.
• Kole Thrasher as a longterm substitute for physical education at DHS
• a leave of absence for Tammi Western-Scott
• Sheila Curry and Ashli Nance as substitutes
The board also approved contracts with Jessica Dial as central office administrative assistant support and Christian Jones as a student co-op worker for technology technician support.
The board also approved the purchase of a 2020 model, 72-passenger, school bus. The bus was a budgeted item and the low bid of $97,000 was accepted from Transportation South.
(This article originally appeared in the Wednesday, November 7 issue of the Demopolis Times.)