Additional COVID-19 testing sites coming to Demopolis, Linden
There will be additional COVID-19 testing sites in Marengo County and other communities.
On Wednesday, a mobile COVID-19 testing initiative launched in Alabama to set-up a drive-thru site in certain communities that haven’t had access to testing. A mobile unit will travel between Selma, Demopolis and Thomasville on a rotating basis and will test those who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. In addition, all health care providers and first responders can be tested whether or not they are exhibiting symptoms. An appointment for testing can be made at www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com, but on-site scheduling also will be available. The site is supported by Walmart, Quest Diagnostics and state and local officials.
The COVID-19 testing schedule is as follows:
- Mondays and Fridays; 10am – 3pm, weather permitting (beginning April 30, 2020)
- Memorial Stadium: 108 W Dallas Ave., Delma, AL 36701
- Tuesdays; 10am – 3pm, weather permitting
- AL National Guard Armory: 1701 US-43 Demopolis, AL 36372
- Wednesdays and Thursdays; 10am – 3pm, weather permitting
- Thomas Regional Medical Center (parking lot in the back): 300 Medical Park Dr., Thomasville 36784
Additional testing information:
- The drive-thru site will test anyone who may be exhibiting symptoms of the virus. In addition, the site is available to all health care workers and first responders, whether or not they are exhibiting symptoms.
- The testing site will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal and app, www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com, which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals who meet medical eligibility for the testing sites. On-site scheduling will be available for those who are not able to schedule online.
- Those being tested will need to stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to walk-ups; those being tested must be in a car.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
- Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
- The site will be staffed by volunteers, including Walmart health care professionals and Quest employees.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
For everyone’s safety and for the privacy of those being tested, media should not attempt to enter the testing site.
TESTING IN LINDEN
Drive-in COVID-19 testing clinics will be offered at the Marengo County Health Department, 303 Industrial Drive, Linden, on Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. beginning April 30.
Please call 334-295-4205 for an appointment and to preregister. A physician referral is preferred.
To be tested, individuals must be 10 years old or older and meet these criteria:
The patient is symptomatic with at a minimum (measured or subjective)
· Fever OR cough OR shortness of breath, AND
· Immunocompromised or have co-morbidities, or
· Age 65 years or older, or
· Healthcare worker, or
· Associated with a long-term healthcare facility, or
· Symptoms are moderate, severe or worsening.
If you have no symptoms, testing is not recommended. If you have mild symptoms and do not fall into one of the above high-risk groups, it is recommended that you self-isolate at home and call
1-888-264-2256 if your symptoms worsen.
Clinics will be continued so long as there is demonstrated community need. Clinics are currently scheduled for April 30 and May 7.
Officials with the City of Demopolis joined for a ribbon cutting celebrating the opening of a new bridge on Jackson... read more