Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing at Theo Ratliff Activity Center
Published 4:27 pm Thursday, December 10, 2020
The Theo Ratliff Activity Center, the Marengo County Health Department (MCHD), and the Black Belt Community Foundation will sponsor a Covid-19 Prevention Information event on Friday, December 11, 2020 at the Theo Ratliff Activity Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The information even will include a drive through Covid-19 testing site provided by the MCHD. Participants will receive free 3-ply face masks, hand sanitizer, school supplies, household items, and toys will be given away during the drive through. This initiative is being sponsored to ensure that residents of Marengo County and surrounding areas are provided with accurate information to prevent Covid-19.
Criteria for testing:
- Hospitalized patients with symptoms
- Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, including correctional and detention facilities and shelters, with symptoms
- Residents in long-term care facilities or other congregate living settings
- Residents with or without symptoms in long-term care facilities or other congregate living settings
- Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at higher risk of complications, residency in a congregate housing setting such as a homeless shelter or long-term care facility
Symptoms include: New cough, new shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell or at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and sore throat.
For more information, please contact Edward Ward at the Theo Ratliff Activity Center, 306 1st Ave., Demopolis, AL 36732. He can be reached at 334-289-0533 or contact the MCHD, Linden, AL.