Dual Enrollment opportunities available for DHS students through Wallace CC
Published 4:51 pm Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Future Connect has new information about Dual Enrollment opportunities for DHS students through Wallace Community College. Future Connect is a program aimed at informing students, parents, and the community about the variety of career options available.
Wallace College is offering free CT Dual Enrollment available in Business, Computer Science, Industrial Maintenance, Health Science, HVAC, and Welding. English Composition 101/102 is available free with many of the CT Programs. Students may take Dual Enrollment classes on the DHS campus, online, or on the Wallace Community College, Demopolis campus.
Documentation required for entrance into dual enrollment:
- WCCS online application for Admission
- Application for admission for dual enrollment for Dual Credit
- Statement of Eligibility for dual enrollment for Dual Credit Students form (with required signature CTE representative or Counselor)
- Official High School Transcript documenting the required grade (10, 11, 12) and grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Photo ID (Alabama driver license or state-issued identification card)
- Career Assessment (Kuder) to determine suitability for Career Pathway (CTE Program)
- Interview with CTE Instructor of Program Advisory Committee
- Four-year plan that clearly indicates the chosen Career Pathway
BOGO (Buy One Get One) is another dual enrollment opportunity for DHS students who are eligible. For the Spring 2021 Semester ONLY, Wallace Community College Selma, in support of communities affected by the pandemic will allow a student to pay full tuition for the cost of one class and receive a scholarship (waiver) that would cover the tuition cost of another class of equal credit hours taken during the same semester. For more information call Brandi Dannelly @ DHS 334-289-0294 ext: 5281.
The deadline to apply for the BOGO scholarship has been extended to January 6, 2021 if you still plan to apply for a buy one get one course free for Spring Semester 2021. Please note this is only offered to students who are not presently on a scholarship. This includes the CT Scholarship.