Marengo commission appoints American Rescue Plan director
Published 3:43 pm Thursday, December 23, 2021
During its last meeting of the year last Wednesday, Dec. 15, the Marengo County Commission appointed Commissioner Terry Hinton as the American Rescue Plan Act Program Director for Marengo County. Hinton will take over as the Commission Chairman in January, succeeding Jason Windham.
The Commission also voted to keep the same district lines for upcoming 2022 elections. The lines will be modified by the Commission for the 2024 elections.
- Commission appointed Mason Milner to the Marengo County Port Authority
- Commission approved an amendment to the IAC (Investing in Alabama Counties) maintenance and support agreement
- Commission tabled IAC Joint Bidding Resolution until Commissioners have more clarification
- Commission voted to continue lease agreement with Chickasaw State Park at a cost of $10 for five years
- Commission approved postage contract with Pitney Bowes for $428.90 a month for three years
- Commission took no action of the ventilation assessment appointment made by the Association of County Commissioners of Alabama.
- Commission accepted the Grand Jury Report
- Commission approved Gaddy Electric to provide air filter service for the Courthouse for $600 each quarter for one year
- Commission postponed making an appointment to the Department of Human Resources Board
- Commission extended Solid Waste Officer applications deadline until Jan. 11