Demopolis Board of Education approves audit review, school calendar, new hires
Published 1:32 pm Friday, April 29, 2022
During a called meeting on Thursday, April 21, the Demopolis Board of Education approved the final audit review and approved several items on the agenda. The meeting and audit took place at U.S. Jones Elementary School.
The major item discussed and approved was the academic calendar for the 2022-2023 school year. The first day of fall classes will begin on Monday, August 8, and the last day of classes will be May 25, 2023. There will be three virtual days in October, February, and April.
The Thanksgiving holiday will be one week, while Christmas holidays will have two weeks. Students will also get January 2 and 3, 2023 out of school. Spring Break has a week in March.
Items approved by the board:
- Approved job descriptions
- Approved quote from BSCO for re-keying of DHS at $27,800.00
- Approved out of state DHS Basketball (Boys and Girls)- Pensacola, FL, Dec. 26-29, 2023
- Approved request for U.S. Jones gymnasium- “A Time To Share” Productions, Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Substitutes: Alana Acker with Sub license
- Transfers/Reassignments: Tommy Perkins, from 9 month Custodian to 12 month Custodian, effective 6/1/2022, Robin Lee, from 10 month ARI Reading Coach to 12 month ARI Regional Support, effective 7/1/2022
- Employment at WES, pending procurement of satisfactory documentation and board approval: Karla Galvin and Sara McVay as kindergarten teachers and Katelyn Beshears, second grade teacher