Called Demopolis BOE meeting focuses on personnel report
Published 9:53 am Thursday, June 9, 2022
The Demopolis Board of Education held a short called meeting on Monday, June 6 that focused on approving contracts and personnel matters.
The first item on the agenda was approving its budget for FY2022. The amendment will include costs to insurance and auditors that were not included in the original budget and to account for carry over federal funds.
The board approved a contract between DCS and student Ethan Malone for Maintenance Assistance through the end of July. The work will not exceed more than 20 hours a week. The board also approved contracts with Gina Johnston for Federal Programs Assistance for no more than 20 hours in June, and James Warren for Technology Assistance, not to exceed 24 hours a week through August.
The board also had its first reading on changes to the Credit Recovery Policy. The current policy does not meet the state requirement of outlining the procedure for credit recovery.
- Resignations/Retirements: Jeffrey Stanley, P.E. teacher, resignation effective 5/27/2022, Laura Davidson, LPN, resignation effective 5/27/2022, Robert Wilkerson, History teacher, resignation effective 5/27/2022
- Transfers/Reassignments: Laura Holley reassigned from Westside Elementary as 10 month Assistant Principal to DHS as 10 month Counselor effective 7/19/2022, Brandy Daniels transfer from 10 month Lead Nurse (RN) at DHS to 9 month Nurse at DMS effective 8/2/2022, Victoria Paige Gandy transferred from U.S. Jones Elementary teacher to Westside Elementary teacher effective 8/2/2022
- Employment: Kate Lee as 10 month Lead Nurse (RN) at DHS effective 7/19/2022, James Russell as Social Science teacher at DMS, effective 8/2/2022 (pending procurement of satisfactory documentation and Board approval), Ashleigh Cartwright as Social Science teacher at DMS, effective 8/2/2022 (pending procurement of satisfactory documentation and Board approval)
- Substitutes: Kate Lee as Sub Nurse for summer school with valid RN license
- Miscellaneous: Nicole Phillips, 8th grade Science teacher at DMS, requesting FMLA beginning 8/12/2022 with Regina Hill serving as Long Term Sub at DMS while Phillips is on FMLA