Multiple rounds of storms likely for this week

Published 5:38 pm Monday, June 12, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Multiple rounds of thunderstorms are expected across Alabama beginning on Tuesday, June 13 and will likely go through Thursday, June 15. At the time of writing, storms are not expected to produce tornadoes, but will bring heavy rainfall and winds strong enough to down trees and power lines.

Hail and damaging lightning will also be possible. According to the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration, (NOAA) Weather Prediction Center, some parts of Alabama could see as much as 5 or more inches of rain.

On Tuesday, showers and thunderstorms are likely mainly between 7:000 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The high will be near 85 with a 70 percent chance of rain. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch. Tuesday night will see rain chances increase to 80 percent.

Email newsletter signup

Wednesday will also see an 80 percent chance of rain with winds of 10 to 15 mph. On Wednesday night, thunderstorms are likely before 1:00 a.m. Showers and thunderstorms on Thursday are likely after 1:00 p.m. with a 70 percent chance of precipitation. Storms will taper off on Thursday night with precipitation chances dropping to 30 percent before 1:00 a.m.

Friday will have a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1:00 p.m. The chances of precipitation are 30 percent. Saturday and Sunday are expected to have a 50 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms.

To keep up with changes in weather, check the Marengo County E-911 Facebook page for consistent weather updates and notices or road closures or power outages.