Demopolis BOE hears from audit examiners during brief called meeting
Published 9:00 am Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Shelley Patrenos of Alabama Audit Examiners of Public Accounts appeared before the Demopolis Board of Education to present the audit report for the period covering October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022. The audit was conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and government auditing standards for the purpose of rendering an opinion on financial statements, and to determine whether the Board complied with the applicable laws and regulations.
An audit was also conducted on federal financial assistance programs in accordance with the provisions of uniform guidance. Auditors issued an unmodified opinion on the Board’s financial statements, meaning that the statements were correct and the tests and there were no instances of non-compliance.
The board also approved a quote from BRESCO for a dishwasher at Westside Elementary School in the amount of $38,094.49.
Email newsletter signup
Other items approved by the Board:
- Approved Final Budget Amendment for FY 2023
- Approved the Personnel Report
- Resignations: Kayla Thacker, Math teacher, resignation effective 5/26/23, Julian Gaston, Career Prep teacher, resignation effective 5/26/23
- Employment: Mary Beth Hilchey, as 9 month Secretary, effective 8/1/23 (pending procurement of satisfactory documentation and Board approval), Marjuyua Walker, as 10 month Special Education Instructional Coach, effective 7/18/23, Ida Moffet, as Elementary teacher, effective 8/1/23 (pending certification), Gloria Jones, as Elementary teacher, effective 8/1/23 (pending approval of satisfactory documentation and Board approval)
- Miscellaneous: Requesting additional 10 days prior to 8/1/23 for DMS Secretary position, Nicole Larkin as 2023 Elementary Summer Program Coordinator with $3,500.00 stipend, Allene Jones as Secondary Summer Program Coordinator with $3,500.00 stipend
The next regular meeting of the Board will be June 22 at 5:15 p.m.